- Platform:Web and Mobile
- Visual Design:Guido Fortini
Creating an engaging multiplatform experience for professional training
With hundreds of courses to choose from, Microsoft Learning provides online training to help Developers and IT professionals learn the latest technologies, master their skills with specific products, and advance their careers.
For several months in 2013, I worked on a prototype project, creating a multiplatform experience for the next generation of online courseware and certification programs.
- Product design: identifying, investigating, and validating opportunities and problems in the previous Microsoft Learning experience, and reviewing benchmarks from other industries and potential competitors, to ultimately create a design solution.
- Gathering functional, business, and usability requirements.
- Modeling and validating use cases and scenarios.
- Creating storyboards and wireframes: establishing interaction patterns and visual language for the platform, using gamification strategies to increase student engagement and participation.
- Managing the visual design effort to create the final look and feel for the platform, following the brand guidelines and Metro design language.
- Presenting and discussing the UI design prototype and user narratives with stakeholders.