Rockwell Collins Content ServiceLaunch Project
- Client:Rockwell Collins
- Visual Design:Guido Fortini
- Project Management:John O'Keefe
A powerful platform for managing in-flight entertainment content on aircrafts
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the design and production of information technology systems for the aerospace industry. In 2014, I helped design their Content Service, an application that allows administrators to subscribe to and manage entertainment media for business jets.
Over several iterations of proposing and reviewing workflow models and prototypes with different stakeholders, we created a very powerful software that took the hassle out of maintaining and updating in-flight entertainment media, providing seamless control to the operators and enhancing the passenger experience.
- Conducting stakeholder interviews to find out their expectations for the software and identify the business goals.
- Reviewing and discussing functional, technical, and usability requirements.
- Creating user flows and low-resolution prototypes (wireframes).
- Working with the visual designers on the final look and feel of the platform to ensure a delightful experience without interfering with usability.